The Essential Prep Steps for Kitchen Construction
Preparing for kitchen construction is a critical step in the timeline. Dust from demolition and installation is always a concern and we've listed some helpful hints to assist you during and after construction, easing the transition back to a fully functioning kitchen and home.
- Seal off the kitchen area doorways with plastic sheeting
- Close all vents on the same floor as the room during construction days
- Close as many doors as possible
- In adjoining rooms, cover furniture with blankets, and bookcases with plastic painter’s tarps
- Take a break - plan time away from the project including dinners out
- If possible, set up the construction area in a garage or outside covered area to eliminate the dust and noise of construction in the home's living space