Being environmentally friendly is something that Mid Continent Cabinetry takes to heart. We are part of the KCMA, the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association. The KCMA has awarded us with the Environmental Stewardship Program certificate, which demonstrates our promise and commitment to environmental responsibility and sustainability.
Certification is awarded annually through a rigorous compliance review based on five categories. We have listed the categories below, as well as some of the environmental efforts we are making in each category.
- Air Quality
- Most shipping carriers are partners in the EPA's SmartWay program
- Using 4-day work weeks to reduce emissions and energy usage
- Product Resource Management
- Particle board used is EPP Certified and made from recycled wood
- Composite board is C.A.R.B Phase II Reduced Formaldehyde Emissions certified
- Process Resource Management
- Using green-certified technology to reduce consumption
- Packaging and Shipping boxes are made of recycled materials
- Environmental Stewardship
- Raw materials purchased from domestic managed forests
- Reducing waste through reuse of materials and recycling of reusable material
- Community Relations
- Replanting trees to replace those used in manufacturing
The ESP certificate further emphasizes our commitment to establish environmental policies, improve waste management and implement green purchasing policies, recycling and community relations.